LOOK WHAT I'VE ADDED
TO MY TPT STORE!
Here it is! Your YEAR of 2nd Grade
Writing, Reading, Language, and Spelling planned by the week
in an Excel spreadsheet!
* You can also take each row and paste it into a page to make your weekly lesson plans to turn into the office or keep in a notebook.
It took me a LONG time to get this right and ensure that ALL COMMON CORE SKILLS ARE COVERED. However, I am using this to teach my precious class and put on TPT and I’m a perfectionist J….. so, it had to be complete and reliable. Don’t forget to check out my Math Common Core Planning Guide in my TPT store, too.
What is included?
· I’ve put each subject in a column with the Common Core Standards and, for the Reading/Literature section, I’ve broken them down into the Comprehension Skill and Comprehension Strategy. I have included the stories for the basal series I have to use (Scott Foresman Reading Street), but you can change/ add/edit to fit the basal series you use OR the literature you use. I always substitute/supplement my own literature selections instead of just using the simple basal story.
· ALL Common Core Writing Standards are covered……with prompt suggestions and resources.
· ALL Common Core Vocabulary/Grammar Standards are covered.
· ALL Common Core Spelling Standards are covered.
· I’ve also left the Science and Social Studies topics/themes that I use since we haven’t implemented the forthcoming Science/Social Studies Common Core curricula (even though SS is woven in to what exists).
What can you do?
· Customize the dates of the weeks to fit your calendar. I’ve numbered the weeks and inserted
Customize the literature you use or use what is listed. Most basal stories listed are actually books.
· This can be printed on 8 ½ x 14 paper (7 sheets) or resized to fit your needs.
I hope you enjoy this tool! A complete framework with scaffolded skills is a vital tool for success.